Long Gun Transfers
Sorry, no transfers of handguns
As a FFL (Federal Firearm License) Dealer, Coyote Valley Sporting Clays (CVSC) can also help you with your Long Gun transfer needs, including:
1. Private Party Transfer. Normally available during regular business hours. Both the buyer and the seller must appear in person together at the same time and the firearm must stay with us during the ten day waiting period. The CA DROS fee is $25 and our Dealer Fee is $10 per gun, plus tax.
2. Transfer of a Gun Purchased at Coyote Valley. For firearms purchased from CVSC there is a DROS fee of $25 and a dealer fee of $50, plus tax. Purchasers must have a valid California Drivers License or a California DMV ID. Shipments to other FFL’s are possible by special arrangement (if you reside out of state for instance).
3. Transfer of a Gun Purchased From Another Dealer.
To transfer a gun from another FFL Dealer buyer must accept the following terms:
A. Gun must be a long gun, no handguns.
B. Gun must be shipped by a FFL dealer. Guns shipped from non FFL holders such as private individuals will be refused.
C. CVSC charges $132.91 including tax for handling the transfer. This price includes the CA Department of Justice DROS Fee of $25, and our dealer fee of $99.00.
D. CVSC must collect CA sales tax via cash or check on the value of the gun, based on the receipt provided by the seller/shipper, unless we have a receipt showing the tax is already paid or the seller/shipper has a business presence in California. The tax is based on the value of the gun plus shipping and handling charges.
E. Any gun received that is not CA legal will be shipped back at the buyer's expense.
If you accept these terms and would like to have a gun shipped here DOWNLOAD OUR TRANSFER FORM. Complete the buyer portion of the transfer form and then forward it to the seller/shipper. Once seller/shipper completes their portion of the form, they can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX it to (408) 778-9171 during our business hours Wednesday through Sunday along with their FFL. Once we receive the complete form along with the shipper's FFL, our FFL and CFL will be provided to the seller/shipper.
Shippers must comply with the following terms:
1. DO NOT ship via US Postal Service (USPS). They will not deliver to our location and the shipment will be refused. Any other carrier is OK, we prefer Fedex as they are a firearm friendly business.
2. Obtain a CFLC approval letter from the DOJ before shipment. For more information go to www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview.php There is a quick one time registration, and after that you can obtain approval numbers 24/7 online and over the phone. The Centralized List (CL) number for CVSC is 15399.
3. DOJ Verification Approval Number MUST BE WRITTEN ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SHIPPING BOX OR GUN WILL BE REFUSED.
QUICK REFERENCE LINKS
The Experience Package
Wayne’s NRA Pistol Class
Wayne’s Home Defense