CVSC strongly enforces the Range Safety Rules for the protection and comfort of all our guests. Please carefully review our safety requirements before your visit and make certain you understand them. If you do not, ask us for clarification. When on the range, you may observe one or more of our Range Marshalls on the facility. They are there to assist and answer questions, and will approach any person who is violating safety rules. We are unforgiving toward rule violations and we do not hesitate to remove persons from the range who intentionally violate or object to our safety rules. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, and will most definitely do so when safety rules are violated.
EVERY PERSON SHOULD HAVE WITH THEM:
Eye and Ear Protection and Proper ammunition for this range.
Comfortable walking/hiking shoes for uneven terrain and loose dirt and gravel.
1. Guns must be carried with actions open and empty. Don’t be afraid to ask someone to open
their gun; don’t be offended if someone asks you.
2. Eye and Ear protection required for shooters and observers at all times.
3. Hats are strongly recommended.
4. If you observe an unsafe situation, vacate the area and report it immediately to CVSC
staff. Failure to observe Range Safety Rules is not tolerated and may result in being
disqualified from the range.
5. Practice swings are not allowed outside of shooting stations.
6. Do not shoot at target chips or deflected or errant targets.
7. Guns must not be loaded until in the station ready to shoot.
8. Do not approach trap equipment for any reason. If a trap malfunctions, do not approach or
go downrange, notify our staff.
9. Maximum of two (2) shells may be loaded at any time.
10. Back-up shooting is not allowed.
11. Shot size 71/2 maximum (no 4, 5, 6 etc), low base only.
12. No magnum loads, no tracers, no 12 GA 3” shells. No black powder without permission
13. Only Factory new ammunition may be used in CVSC rental guns.
14. Guns must have a fixed butt stock with min. barrel length of 22".
15. Minors under 18 must be with an experienced adult.
16. It is strictly forbidden to shoot any live bird or animal on this range.
17. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the shooting areas.
18. Participants and observers must sign a liability waiver and agreement.
19. Practice gun safety and use common sense.
If you need assistance, please ask.
Think Gun Safety
QUICK REFERENCE LINKS
The Experience Package
Wayne’s NRA Pistol Class
Wayne’s Home Defense